Sunday, May 31, 2009

Signing In

I just hit the "sign in" button to start a new blog and there's no going back now. I've been meaning to check in lately with all my bloggity blog fans, but I've talked myself out of it every time. Mostly due to exhaustion, or maybe I want to post photos and can't locate my camera/cord, or maybe I'm too lazy to walk up/down the stairs to get it, or maybe I'm just being stubborn. But again...NO GOING BACK NOW!

I've had a great 3 day weekend, full of productivity, rest, shopping, food & family. Since I turned 27 on Wednesday (woo hoo!), I got to choose a day to be off work to celebrate, and I chose Friday. I mean, who wouldn't rather be off on a Friday than a Wednesday?!? Plus, Adam was off work Friday as well. We went to the doctor Friday morning for our 28 week checkup. I took the glucose test (drinking a sugary fruit punch drink - which was actually not bad - & taking a blood test precisely 1 hour afterward). Results should be in tomorrow. Here's the basic updates...

Baby's heartbeat: between 146-152 bpm
Mommy's blood pressure: nice & low
Mommy's weight gain: 7 lbs in the past 3 weeks! (that's 25 lbs total)

I'm also excited to say we are at the point where we will start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now! I've SO been waiting for this. Hopefully, time will start to fly. Oh, and the nursery is coming along, but still a major work in progress. It looks like a construction zone now and every time I walk through the room, I manage to get tape or paint all over my feet. Plus, I'm stepping over brushes and paint cans and other unidentifiable objects. I should just stay out of there. It's a death trap, I'm afraid. At least for now. Adam has been working so hard on this room. He has had a "vision" all along about his little girl's perfect little room. So much so that I'm staying out of it. I'm going with his gut on the decorating. And so far his taste is excellent.

Last Sunday (Memorial Day weekend), one thing lead to another. It started to be just my parents coming over to help work on the nursery. Then my aunt, uncle & cousins planned to come over to visit & haul our armoire off to their new house. It was a relief to get this large piece of furniture out of our house. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful armoire, but with Little Miss on the way and other things crowding the guest room, we did not have room for it anymore. Then since everyone was able to come on the same day, I decided a casual cookout would be fun. Then Babelle (my grandmother) decided she needed a much-deserved break & was able to join us. It turned into a big, fun par-tay! Oh, and Adam's parents also dropped by for awhile to visit and help as well. They have been so much help by being our "errand runners" and "financial supporters" during this nursery project. Adam & I were talking about how we have such a loving, involved family. We are very thankful! Oh, and my mom decided to bring a birthday cake for me, so it also turned into a "Happy Birthday, Sarah" gathering as well. What a grand day it was :)

The guys doing the "man work"...

The roles were as follows:
Adam: "the supervisor"
Dad: chair rail cutter
Uncle Bryan: chair rail measurer/installer
Austin: armoire disassembler

Babelle & Cousin Hannah...


Cousin Haley, Aunt Becky & Sleepy Cousin Hadrian...


Mom & I...


The gals (including Little Miss Emmett & Daisy)...


The next day, the work continued for Adam. He's been quite the painter. But he's not handling this project alone. He's got some serious help...




I simply cannot wait to get her room finished & ready for her arrival. Only about 10-12 more weeks!

No comments: