Tuesday, September 7, 2010

August Recap

What do I remember from August? Let's see...it was about a bazillion degrees the entire month. Sometimes too hot to even bother going outside, even to the mailbox. Oh yeah, and I can think of a few other noteworthy things...

~ Praise Him 2010 ~

My dad's Christian rock band R.O.C. (Rock of Christ) headlined the Praise Him 2010 music festival in Blairsville, GA. As much family as possible came to show support for the band, and we can attest that ROC rocked the house! Well, there wasn't exactly a house to be rocked considering the festival was held outdoors, but you get the picture.



Mom seemed to be having a good ol' time!


Despite the fact that it was August, the weather surprisingly cooperated. We got there in the late afternoon/evening, so it wasn't too hot in the shade. Plus, mountain air is just different :)


Alaina ran aimlessly through the grass, and she made many new friends along the way!


Our gal is never too shy to give a wave or say Hi to a stranger :)


...or stand on her head in public, for that matter :)


She brought her sweet ride to show off, her brand new wagon from Pops & Grandma JoJo. It caused quite the buzz!


Hannah blows the best bubbles...


And if you ever need a helping hand, Hadrian is the girl for the job :)
*I absolutely adore this picture*

~ Stevie & Dan's Visit ~

Although it took about a month to coordinate schedules with the busy newlyweds, we finally set the date for Stevie's (belated) BD dinner! Actually, it ended up being a lunch, but it was all the same to us. I cooked a big lunch, we all went to the pool, and then we came back to the house to relax...and so I could make blueberry cobbler! Yummmmmm :)



(and YES, I managed to wear my bikini correctly this time ;)

~ Playdate With Hayden ~

Alaina had her 1st playdate with Hayden, who is exactly a year older. The girls had fun playing with toys and each other, but perhaps the best activity of the day was blowing bubbles!!!


I also enjoyed catching up with Hayden's mama Kristin, who was 38 weeks pregnant at the time with her 2nd girl. Since the playdate, I'm pleased to announce that Hayden is now a BIG sister!

~ Babelle's Birthday ~

My grandmother Charlotte (who I named "Babelle" / "Bay-belle" long ago) celebrated a birthday on August 22. Since Lainey Bug was sick, we didn't get to visit her on her birthday like we had wanted. But of course we were thinking of her and wishing her well. Love you Babe :)


~ Pooles Mill Park ~

We finally discovered the perfect park, Pooles Mill Park, in Cumming (thanks Hillary)!


It's a fairly shaded park with picnic tables and a playground and water and a covered bridge and woof woofs and ducks :)


~ Alaina's New Ride ~

Check out Alaina's new ride!


We upgraded her baby carseat with a convertible "big girl" carseat. It's red & black, so it supports our Bulldogs...and lady bugs in general.


I actually don't trust myself to install her carseat. I'm paranoid that I won't do something right, and I don't want to take a chance with something this serious. SO we let the fire chief himself install all our carseats!


Alaina's infant carseat was installed by the fire chief last year JUST 1 DAY before I went into labor. Whew, that was a close one! And this year when she outgrew her old seats, we headed straight for the chief. Would you believe that the fire dept will install a BRAND NEW Evenflo convertible carseat for a mere $20 donation (which is also tax deductible)?!?! Between Adam & I and the grandparents, we have taken advantage of this offer 4 times recently!


And for the next year or so, Alaina will remain rear facing. Statistically, a child under the age of 2 is 75% less likely to be injured in a crash if he/she is riding rear facing. So we will just have to wait another year to see this precious face looking at us through the rear view mirror :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

They even give you the carseat? That is amazing! Our firestations won't even install your own. You have to go to the county car seat clinic, which is only once a month.