THERE, OUT OF MY SYSTEM!!!
I hope I don't regret posting a blog during a full-blown MOMMY MELTDOWN!!! I have closed the guest room door and am seriously hiding in the dark. From...

Dear Lord, what on earth has happened to my sweet child?
Since turning 19 months last week, Alaina has made a drastic turn for the worst. Perhaps this is just a phase. Please, Lord, let this be a (short) phase! Or better yet, maybe it's just due to teething. Or even better, let it be from post-sickness. She was sick with a virus last Sunday night-Tuesday. Then a viral rash (Roseola) appeared Thursday. Apparently, once the rash appears, the child is no longer contagious. And she is wanting to sleep quite a bit. But she has never been like this before. I mean, I've heard of the terrible 2's...and the more recent terrible 3's...but terrible 1's??? Seriously?
I don't know what the deal is, but I have HAD IT! Adam has HAD IT! Even Alaina has HAD IT! Poor thing, she is getting into trouble all day long. She pitches fits. I mean kicking, screaming fits - for little to no reason at all. She throws things. She cries. She whines. Did I mention she screams? LOUD? She throws a tantrum when we have to change her diaper. She pitches a fit when it's time to get her dressed. And God forbid we run out of strawberries! Really, if ANYTHING doesn't go her way lately, she makes it crystal clear that she is NOT happy. :(
We have been punishing her for her bad behavior because we are certain she is aware of the way she's acting. She's been popped, lectured and put in time out...in her crib! Today Adam put her in "crib time out," and she literally screamed so loud I bet all our neighbors could hear. Eventually, she screamed herself to sleep. Finally, peace & quiet! However, as soon as we heard her get up, fear set in...fear of another inevitable meltdown! And just as we suspected, hardly any time passed before she was at it again.
Ok, I just had to vent. I can't stay in hiding forever. I must leave my safe "woman cave" and face the inevitable...
3 comments:
i could have written this exact post. seriously. we hoped and prayed that it was the teething, the sickness, the recovery, the lack of sleep, etc, etc.....BUT unfortunately no such luck :(
everyone says it gets worse before it gets better and that honestly scares the living daylights out of me! i have cried so many times this week and felt terrible because there are some days that i literally feel like i spank her all day long. it is just one thing after another :(
i'll be praying for you (and adam and alaina, too!) sorry i don't have much encouragement, but i can assure you that you're not alone! :)
joshua 1:9 is what i repeat over and over (especially the "do not be discouraged" part!)
Oh Amy! Just knowing I'm not alone DOES help :) Good grief, this girl is wearing me out! The funny thing is she is either hot or cold. She can be super sweet one second and then outrageously "bratty" the very next second. And it came about all of a sudden.
So...I guess it is a phase! Only a phase...only a phase...I will probably post this verse all over the house!!! Thank you :)
Yay...the things I have to look forward to! Hopefully it's just a phase.
P.S. We just had Roseola too.
Post a Comment