Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Big Girl Potty!!!

WHOA do I have a BIG girl now! Alaina has been knocking my socks off lately with all her big girl tricks and feats. For example, today she climbed up an extra tall, extra steep grass hill at the park - NO HANDS - ALL BY HER BIG GIRL SELF! Way to go, Laina!

As a treat, we stopped by McDonald's on the way home from the park to get our *free* frozen strawberry lemonade. Lucky for Laina, this drink tanked according to both me and Adam, so she got to enjoy this "surprise" all by her big girl self. We filmed a video of her giggling to herself as she drank her "we-mom-mane" or whatever she calls it.


As could be expected, nature called just minutes later as we were heading to the bathtub to hose her down. I ran the water while my naked girl nosed around in the bathroom. She noticed her big girl potty just sitting there, lonely I guess. So without hesitation, she sat her little bottom down and went tinkle!

The proof...YES I took a picture of her pee pee :)

I didn't quite know what was happening until I heard it...THE ROYAL TUNE! This special potty plays an assortment of royal tunes (whatever that is) whenever it detects *substance* of any kind. Alaina was so startled by the music that she jumped from her potty in a panic!


A few drops of pee in the floor was no matter considering the wonderfulness of this grand occasion! Alaina was so proud of herself that she tried and tried and tried to go some more. Her little tummy muscles were working away, but no more could come out. Oh well, she will have plenty more opportunities :)


HOORAY FOR THIS BIG DAY!!

1 comment: