Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cleared

Well, Little Miss Emmett passed the test. She was thoroughly checked out by the awesome perinatal group at Northside Hospital, and after 2 visits and her cooperation, we have been "cleared" for our anatomy scan!

This just means that she is normal and all her structures/organs are functioning properly. We saw the blood flow to her heart, all her limbs, fingers & toes, nose structure, spine, head, brain (for some reason looking at her brain really triggered a strong realization...there is really another BRAIN inside of me!). Oh, and we are proud to say that she is already a little lady. She was crossing her ankles. Quite a dainty little thing! She is also exceptionally flexible as her legs were somehow above her head. We couldn't believe how strangely she was positioned, but apparently this is normal since her bones are soft and flexible. Or perhaps she is preparing to be a gymnist? She yawned and opened/closed her mouth several times. And from what I can tell, her profile looks like her mommy :)

She weighed in at 1 lb, 3 oz. That means she doubled her size since the 1st anatomy scan just 4 weeks prior. Wow! I think she knows I'm talking about her because she is going crazy in my belly right this very second! I'm sure she would like to say a few things about all this if she could.

Mommy is feeling a bit like a duck. I feel like I'm starting to waddle. Not a lot, just a little. And I don't like the thought of this. I don't want to be there yet. After all, I've still got another few months to go! I'm noticing I'm a bit uncomfortable when sitting. My stomach feels like it is pushing up against my ribs and I can't breathe very well. Sitting up very straight helps. Oh, and Adam & I plan to register for baby stuff this Saturday since he has the day off & we have no plans. YAY! Ok, that's all the news for now. I need to go to bed early tonight.

Here are a couple pics of Little Miss Emmett from our ultrasound last week. Here she is 23 weeks. The shots are not very good, but maybe if you try really, really hard, you can see what is in the picture. Good luck!

Her cute foot...



The side of her sweet face with her arm above her head...

No comments: