Saturday, June 13, 2009

1 Year Out

Well, it's been a year, folks. Last year to the day, I can honestly say it was the worst day of my life. I think Adam would agree. BUT...God is so good to us and has brought us so far in a year. Today has been one of the best days of my life, and interestingly Adam said the same thing tonight. I don't know why it's been so good. To some it would just be an ordinary Saturday. But I do know this...I feel an overwhelming sense of love and peace, hope and joy.

I will write more about our amazing day tomorrow. Right now this mommy needs to get some rest. I leave you with the bible verse I reflected on last year during our tragedy. It has proven to be true in our lives...

"I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and will be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord."
-Psalm 40:1-3

No comments: