
I feel like a time bomb is ticking away. My ticker is reporting a mere 71 days from my official due date of August 19. My brain is also tick, tick, ticking away as it ponders all the to-do's, what if's, oh my gosh's, so on and so forth. I was also looking at my calendar and counting the number of weeks until I'm considered "full term" in my pregnancy. Although pregnancy considers 40 weeks as my due date, once I reach 37 weeks (July 29!) I will be full term. Meaning she could arrive at any time and be perfectly healthy and "ripe." Wow, end of July is sounding WAY close. So much to do, so much anticipation, so much preparation. But mostly so much excitement! Adam & I both agree that our ride to the hospital is what we're most looking forward to. Making the call to our family and friends that it's happening and telling people that they better get their butts to the hospital so not to miss Little Miss's arrival!!! THIS WILL BE BIG!
I'm beginning to be less and less comfortable. I've painted my toenails for the last time as I can barely reach them now. I can, however, still see my toes if I stand a certain way. But probably not for long. So long, toes! I hope either Adam or Lucy Lu at the nail salon takes good care of you until I get back to normal. I'm having more trouble sleeping because I have to situate myself, which often means tossing and turning until I find a comfortable position. Then once I'm in a comfortable spot, I get the urge to pee. Then up to the toilet I go. Then back to bed. Then back to situating. Then usually having to pee again. You get the point.
Even my maternity pants are beginning to feel incredibly tight. What the heck?!? These are MATERNITY pants for crying out loud. Shouldn't they be one huge size fits all? I guess I'm in the market for larger maternity pants. And I finally broke down and purchased a maternity bathing suit. It's black & white and as Adam pointed out, a zebra print (which maybe it is but I didn't notice it at Target...it was the best option out there). Perhaps I'll get the guts to post a photo of me in all my glory showing off my new suit. I tested it out last weekend at the pool (2 days in a row!) and discovered that once I hit the water, the darn tank top floats up uncontrollably and exposes my huge, nude, pale white belly. Major AHHH!!! Needless to say, I remained stationary most of the time, carefully holding my top so it didn't float to the heavens. Ahhh, the joys of being pregnant :)

Baby Emmett is wanting to eat mostly sweets (chocolate, brownies, oreo blizzards & frosties, pie, snickers). Oh, and BLT sandwiches are becoming my fav! I have never been a fan of them until pregnancy. Now I want to eat a BLT every day. In fact, I ate a peanut butter sandwich for dinner tonight and then realized, oh yeah - I could have made a BLT. So I had both! Yumm-O!
In other baby news, I go back to the doctor Thursday for my 30 week checkup. On Saturday, we have an appointment for our 3D/4D ultrasound at Peek a Belly. I cannot describe how excited I am about this appointment! We will get to see a sneak peak at our little angel and we will get to come home with photos and a DVD of her moving around. Hopefully she will be awake & ready for action! Then on Sunday afternoon, we have our hospital tour of Northside Atlanta. One more thing I can cross off the to-do list. I'm aiming to cross off one thing per day, and so far it's a brilliant idea!
No comments:
Post a Comment