We went to Red Top Mountain twice - once on Sunday and once on Wednesday since Adam had the day off. Sunday was crowded since it was Labor Day weekend, but Wednesday was sparse - perfect for exploring! After our double excursion, we now know the best spot to be. It is right on the lake, with a great mountainous/waterfront view, wonderfully placed picnic tables, a playground and a beach. There's even mini-golf, but I highly doubt we'll get into that. We plan on going back to Red Top quite a bit since it's surprisingly only 30 minutes from our house. YAY!
Sunday we barely got out of the car since we did not know where we were going and since it was so crowded. Oh, and since we had an infant with us. This was NOT an ideal time to explore. It was more of a relaxing drive. I have no pictures to share from our first outing, BUT we went on a picnic Wednedsay armed WITH the camera.
WAKE UP! We're on a trip :)

Almost there...

Hold it! I'm not quite ready.

Our spot for our picnic. Not to be confused with "the" spot, which I don't seem to have a picture of.

Looking through the photos taken, I am disappointed that I did not snap some shots of the beautiful scenery or "the" perfect spot that we later found while driving around. My mind seems to be a tad preoccupied. Next time I'll be sure not to disappoint.
We also took a small trip to downtown Woodstock on Labor Day. There's a grassy area with benches, a gazebo and a water fountain. Adam & I treated ourselves to a smoothie (YUM) and we all sat in the sunshine and enjoyed the day. I don't have a picture of that event either since we decided to go there on a whim while running errands. BUT I did manage to snap some snots of Alaina's cute little Labor Day outfit.
Wait...I'm not ready!

Ok, here goes...

Possibly the cutest thing ever - we caught her attempting to suck her thumb! It was SO cute in person :)

Alaina & I also ventured out to the office yesterday. We visited with Catherine and Jessyca and briefly Brit. And we met two new people. We got the latest office scoop and Alaina got to see where she spent a good deal of her time while in her mommy's tummy.
Nice to meet you, Miss Catherine!

And Miss Jessyca!
1 comment:
What a cutie! I used to go to Red Top all the time when I lived in Cartersville.
Post a Comment