Sunday, February 14, 2010

In Other News...

I realize 99% of my blog topics are about Alaina. I know, I know. I just can't help it. She is my life now. BUT there really are some other non-baby things happening that I'd like to share. And maybe since I'm not planning to upload pics, this will go quickly.

~ I am working full time this upcoming week at Allstate. Not permanently, just this week as the big boss is going on a ski trip. Kind of last minute, and LONG story, but I'm filling in. Ok, I must mention Alaina just this once. I know you're wondering where she'll be. She will be in good hands with Miss Kari and her boyfriends Ryder & Mason (3 & 4 years old) 4 out of the 5 days. On Thursday, her daddy will keep her since he's off work. I'm gearing up for the week tonight. We've already dropped off a bunch of her belongings and I am getting my "notes" together now. As you may have noticed, I'm VERY detailed, so I'm trying my darndest to keep it simple. I imagine this week will be hectic for all of us, but we will all manage! I'm also hoping I don't have a mommy meltdown at work from missing my girl :(

~ Adam has sleep apnea. After 3+ years of me stuffing my ears with EAR PLUGS to drown out the unbearable snoring, Adam has finally decided it's time to do something about this problem. About time. A few weeks ago, he stayed in a facility overnight for a sleep study and it was determined he had sleep apnea. Last week, he stayed overnight a second time so they could gather info to fit him for his cpap machine. No word on when this blessed machine arrives. Not soon enough if you ask me!

~ Adam's job security is improving with the turn of the new year. His numbers have drastically improved, and the last time I checked, he is far exceeding his quota. He also dodged a second scheduled firing in December, PRAISE GOD!

~ I had a girls night last week. Kari & I met for dinner at Pure Taqueria. Other than the massive acid reflux from my incredibly spicy food (yowza!), it was a delightful time. I really need to plan girls nights more often. No kids. Just adult girly conversation! I think it's especially needed for stay-at-home moms since our adult conversation is few & far between!

~ Adam & I started a small group that meets every other Thursday night. Our church doesn't have Sunday School, but rather small groups that meet in people's homes. This time around, we blindly chose a group and honestly our expectations were not too high initially. Luckily, after the very first meeting, we were HOOKED! LOVE LOVE LOVE the people, the conversation, and the opportunity to grow closer in our relationship with Christ. We expect great things.

~ Thursday night DATE NIGHT! Since Adam's parents live so close, we have arranged for Alaina to spend Thursday evenings with them so we can have time to ourselves. We started this about a month ago, and it's pretty sweet so far. Either Nana or Poppy will pick her up on their way home from work, and then we pick her up a few hours later. So far Adam & I have gone out to dinner for killer mid-week specials. We may go out for coffee after or run errands or go shopping. Whatever floats our boat. This has been a great relief for us. My parents don't live very far either (about an hour and 15 min.), and they typically visit on a Sat or Sun 3-4 times per month. We are thankful that Alaina's grandparents get to spend regular time with her!

~ The cats are out of control. I could write endless blog posts about their shenanigans. If only there was enough time. In a nutshell, I have kept them cooped up inside for 3 months since they were getting into so much stuff outside. Now they are bored and getting into stuff inside. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I will try to post more about this, particularly Daisy's misbehavior, later.

Sayonara :)

No comments: