Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Survived!

In case you were wondering, I SURVIVED my week at work last week. Dare I say I enjoyed parts of it? The parts I liked were (in no particular order)...adult conversation, lunch breaks - totally uninterrupted, cranking up my music on the way to/from work and the fact that I will be getting a pay check!!! The cons...getting up & out the door early (a lot of chaos occurred during the mornings), having to get dressed up (some days are spent in my pj's now) and the obvious - missing my girl :(

I actually lucked out because it was a S-L-O-W week in the office, I imagine because Cherokee County was out for winter break. I bet people had vacation on their minds, not insurance! The phones barely rang, so much of the time I had a quiet break from reality. PTL!

Our day went like this...

~ 6am ~
Beep, beep, beep (My alarm clock sounded)

~ 7am ~
Wah, wah, wah (Alaina woke up to eat)

~ 8:30-8:45am ~
I dropped Alaina off at Miss Kari's. Mason & Ryder could not wait for her to arrive! Alaina drasticallly improved her crawling skills after a week at the Addington's. She liked being toted around in the Baby Bjorn, and of course she enjoyed being entertained by the boys.

*Funny story...Kari put Alaina on the carpeted floor in the boys' bedroom in an attempt to test her crawling skills. Mason was on his back on the other side of the room, opposite Alaina. Alaina started crawling, and Mason kept shouting, "Come to Papa!" over and over! Let's just say she came to Papa! She crawled to him and up on him!

~ 9am (ish) ~
I arrived at the office and "worked" until 5pm.

~ 4:45pm ~
Adam picked up Alaina. She grinned from ear to ear the moment she saw her daddy. I wish I could have seen it for myself :)

After work, I would rush home to see and feed my girl. We had a few hours as a family to play and continue about our routine. Really, it wasn't bad at all.

Here are a few pics to paint the picture. By the way, I didn't manage to snap any pics of Alaina with the Addington's, mostly because my time there was brief. And also because mostly everyone was in their PJ's, and I didn't think it would be an appropriate request. So use your imagination and picture all these people together.

Kari & Ryder

Mason

Alaina


Have you imagined all 4 playing yet?

Good.

Now picture me behind a desk (the boss' BIG desk, as a matter of fact), where I spent last week. Here's some of the people I spent the week with...

Vanessa, Catherine, Jessyca, Kelley, Brit, Charlie, Me & Kari

This photo was taken at a 2010 kickoff meeting in January. We dined at Capital Grill in Buckhead, where I ate THE BEST steak of my life. Yummmmmmm.

With last week's chaos under my belt, hopefully I'll have more free time to update with more Emmett happenings! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I am so glad you survived the week, Sarah! What mixed emotions a mom feels when leaving her baby! You seemed to handle it really well. And, Alaina doesn't seem scarred, either! :)