
The first half of June pretty much sucked because for one reason or another, I felt like crap. My immune system must be on the fritz because if even the tiniest cold strikes me...BAM! I'm out for at least a couple weeks. Boo!
Strolling right along...Alaina & I started taking regular strolls around the park at least 3 times per week, weather permitting. We would go early, after her morning nap, to try to beat the heat. But it was still rough! It is almost 90 degrees by 11am!

We both enjoy the fresh air, though, and of course people watching :)

Laney Bug played in both her kiddie pool & the neighborhood pool quite a bit.

See this kiddie pool?

Yep, we got ONE good run out of it before the cheap thing POPPED and was thrown in the garbage. We have no idea what caused the pop. Let's just call it my luck ;)

Also deceased: The car float (I think cat claws are to blame for this casualty) :(

I think my 1st outing to our neighborhood pool occurred in June. I was behind on that too. Other than wearing my bikini top THE WRONG WAY the first time (must have been either the cold meds or the fact that out with the placenta went my brain), our pool trip was harmless.
The biniki top mistake totally happened without me knowing until I later looked at these embarrassing pictures.

The top is meant to tie around my back and clip together around my neck. But for some reason I flipped it around with the clip around my back and tie around my neck.
RIGHT way!

WRONG WRONG WRONG way!

How the heck did this happen without me realizing it until after the fact? Granted I haven't worn this bathing suit for a couple years since last year I paraded around in my Orca suit...
(proof)

...but REALLY!?!? Luckily, no one (even Adam) seemed to notice. Geez.

I digress...
Then Father's Day came around. I could go on and on about how Adam has more than surpassed my expectations as a father. I always knew Adam would make an excellent daddy, but WHOA has he blown me away. He is attentive to Alaina and he talks about her ALL the time. He treasures her. She is his pal, and he is her protector. Her hero. Can you tell she loves her daddy?!?




That reminds me, I have a pretty swell dad myself. I have never ever questioned his love for me. He is always encouraging. Always believing. Always positive. He helps people all the time. He is stable and grounded in the Lord. He sets a great example of what a father should be. Love you dad :)

Then came Stevie's BD! We were glad to be able to be with her on her special day. We had a lovely lunch at Provino's in Snellville, and then we visited for a bit at my parent's house.

Stevie & Dan also moved back home at the end of June!!! I cannot express how glad I am that they are closer than a 3-4 hr drive! We have had lots of family time lately, making up for lost time I suppose. What a treat :)

Oh yeah, and Alaina had a very special day herself at the end of June. We were asked to be a part of a video shoot for a pediatric dentist in Marietta. A CNN reporter was doing some kind of report about how important it is to bring your child in for his/her 1st dental appt before he/she reaches 1 year. (Um, it is? I really didn't know this).
Anyway, a friend from church was scheduled to star in this video with her daughter, but she had to cancel at the last minute. This friend thought of me & Alaina, and that was that. We were thrilled to be a part of something like this!

Another church friend & her little boy had a segment as well. Basically there were 3 moms & 3 babies, and each mom/baby was interviewed (complete with lights/camera/action!) consulting with the dentist & assistant as if we were real 1st time patients. We played the part well considering we were 1st time patients. Alaina charmed the camera guys during the consultation. She was fascinated by the big lights and big cameras. She waved at them and said "Hi" in her true southern accent :)

Then we moved into the back room where the dentist taught me how to clean Alaina's teeth, etc. She was not so cooperative for this part. Bottom line - she screamed her head off! But the dentist said this was age-appropriate behavior, and she would be worried if a child this age did NOT scream bloody murder.

The crew was supposed to follow me home to get home video footage, but it never happened. (Don't get me started on how I deep cleaned my ENTIRE home in preparation for this home video, only to learn later that it was not necessary!)
Say what???

I am still waiting on information to be released in terms of where we can find the edited video (it will be online).
And I didn't even have the nerve to set up my own photo shoot in the waiting room featuring our cute little star. I quickly and nervously snapped a shot when no one was looking, but all I got was Little Miss flipping through magazines.

I mean, what else is there to do in a waiting room???
Happy June :)
No comments:
Post a Comment