Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Alaina!

My, oh my, how the time did fly! My precious Alaina just celebrated her 1st birthday!


Birthdays are a perfect time to reflect on the year that's passed...


One year ago, I was constantly staring in amazement at this...


And now, I stand in awe at this...


I wonder if my precious child knew she would drift off to sleep as a baby...


...and RISE & SHINE as a BIG GIRl!?!


We were lucky to be able to plan her ladybug-themed family party on her actual birthday (Saturday, July 31)!


Lots of close family came to celebrate with us. Grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and of couses mama & dada...





It was held at Ra-Ra & Poppy's house, so there was plenty of room for us all to spread out and relax. Oh yeah, and plenty of room for the PONY they bought her :)

"Nellie"

How glorious the presents were! Alaina ooh-ed and ahh-ed over her gifts, especially the clothes! A girly-girl she is.



Books are always fun, but they are especially fun when read INSIDE a gigantic plastic storage bin. Jackpot!


Let's talk cake. Oh my. This was THE BEST cake ever! Imagine dark chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing and fluffy, extra thick layers. Mmmmmmmm. Didn't I do a fantastic job with the decorating? Hahahaha ;)


Alaina's smash cake was classic yellow with vanilla buttercream icing.



Ready...Set...Go!!!







In her words, "Mmmmmmm!"



Our birthday girl could not have had a more perfect day :)



Oh, and last but not least, I must mention that Adam surprised me & Alaina with a very special gift. He had Alaina's white dress (the one she came home from the hospital in) custom framed. He's a keeper :)



No comments: