16 months, what have you brought us?
For starters, SASS!

Cuteness...

Curiosity...

Jumping, Hiding & Climbing...

The ability to OPEN DOORS (yikes!)...

Squirmy wormy, especially when restrained in the carseat...

A borderline obsessive attachment to Mama...

Victory over the spoon!

And of course, as always, pure sweetness!!!

My Brookie-Pooh is into EVERYTHING these days! She is infatuated with the pantry and all that comes with it. Every day, she plays "store" and takes all the goodies - the spices, the cans, the paper plates, the juice boxes, the peanut butter, the pancake syrup - out of the pantry.

Then she's off with the goods to find a new, better home for them. It could be the kitchen island. It could be the living room. It could be an end table. I even found a container of bay leaves in her Little People school bus, as if it was the lucky one who "found its way out", escaping future consumption. I find things everywhere. And I pick up CONSTANTLY. I won't be surprised if I acquire back problems pretty soon. But hey - isn't it worth it? :)

Have I mentioned that the loooooooooong toddler phase can be tough? I think we all end up crying from time to time over it.

Toddlers have a mind of their own. They don't understand rules. They can do some things, like get themselves into trouble, but they haven't quite figured out how to do other things, like get themselves OUT of trouble! Around our house, it's "Mama" to the rescue!

I hear the words "Mama" ALL DAY LONG! Sure, I am with Alaina all hours of the day. But I've noticed lately that she has an extreme attachment to me. She's always had it to some degree, but right now it's REALLY STRONG! I can't leave the room without hearing, "Mama?" In a question tone, like she's waiting for an explanation as to why I left her. Then the single "Mama?" turns into "Mama? Mama? Mama?" (usually whining or crying comes next).

Sometimes I feel like I can't get a break!!! But again, totally worth it at the end of the day :)

Alaina has learned a couple magic words, like "Please" and "Help." She's known these words for awhile, but she's now caught on to the magic power in these words. If I hear, "Hup" or "Peeez," I'm more than likely willing to do as she wishes. If she happens to throw in a hand sign for please while saying "Peeez" in the sweetest little voice, she can just about get whatever she wants!!! I'm a sucker for her charms. Hup!

Also worthy of mentioning is her version of "Amen" and "Help Me!" The cutest :)

Adam & I have also noticed an unmistakable funny side to her too. She can be quite the charmer!

She also has taken her love for Daisy to a whole new level. Instead of just admiring Daisy, kissing her, petting her and loving on her, she now wants to "Hold the baby." This is my term for it. She will say, "Baby" and look at Daisy and nod her head and say/sign "Please," and I will place Daisy in her lap so she can hold her like a baby. She grins from ear to ear, lit up with excitement over her feline baby doll.


She loves on Daisy like no other, and I think it's sweet. Who cares what Adam thinks, or if anyone finds the following picture to be totally disgusting!

16 months, thanks for all you have brought. Pretty soon, we will say goodbye to you and HELLO to 17 months!
No comments:
Post a Comment