Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Adam's 30th

So Adam turned 30 almost 2 months ago, and I've yet to mention it. Oh well, better late than never, right? This birthday must be "THE BIG ONE" because it has literally been spread out over about 6 weeks. In fact, just last week he received another gift. When will it ever end?!?


Adam had 3 birthday dinners that I can remember. Maybe even more. Who knows. On his actual birthday - December 16 - I asked him to choose where he'd like to eat, and we'd all 3 go. He chose Outback. These blokes were not impressed with our service (we waited almost an hour for our food, with a toddler nearing her bedtime!) or our food (they ran out of baked potatoes - WHAT?). I should also mention that they first tried to sit us in the bar area at a super high table with a highchair that fit practically underneath the table. Come on. Then they moved us to a huge round table that probably could have seated 8 people. This table was directly under the most aggressive heat vent, and we were nearly sweated out of the restaurant. Let me just say that Adam would have liked to take the responsible parties "Outback." What a birthday treat that would have been ;) Ok, enough complaining. I really was happy to get out and celebrate my man's birthday. I was also happy about my steak :)

Once we returned home, cards were specially delivered.




And soon we were off to bed.

I actually suprised Adam with a birthday WEEK. Yes, a full week of birthday festivities. He received different gifts on different days. His favorite (he claims) was his fire pit. Although, it has already collected rust due to the wintery weather and a lack of concern. Hmmmm.... :(

Adam's parents took us out to Downtown Kitchen, more of an upscale restaurant in downtown Canton. He practically drooled over his shrimp & grits. Mmmmmmm :)


Then in January, I arranged for a surprise birthday dinner with friends at Olive Garden. It was really casual, but we had a great time.




I would have prefered to have a big party for him at our house or something, but for several reasons, this was not feasible at the time. So OG it was!







By the way, I totally pulled it off and he was totally surprised! Old men are not hard to fool ;)


HAPPY 30TH ADIE THE DADDY!!!

No comments: