Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Zombie

As I arrived to work this morning, I mumbled to David, "I am a zombie." These words just floated out of my mouth and into existence in a matter-of-fact tone. I don't want to be a zombie, but as my sleepless nights continue, I'm feeling more and more out of my element. Maybe as long as I don't look like a zombie, I'll be ok. Or maybe I'm becoming a night owl or a vampire. (As you can see, my mind is in a strange place right now).

I bought a new tea to hopefully help me sleep. It's a tension relief, decaffeinated herbal tea with chamomile, peppermint, cinnamon, lemon, etc. Oh, and catnip. Really, catnip is listed as an ingredient. That's gotta make you wonder. Anyway, I broke open the tea package last night and gave it a whirl. It was pretty good I guess. But still not a lot of luck with that sleep thing. I've tossed and turned the last few nights, staying up way too late and only getting choppy bits of sleep. Then I come to work feeling like a zombie, just trying to last through the day. I rode the couch last night after deciding that the bed just wouldn't do. My fur babies tagged along and we cuddled in blankets on the couch. Surprisingly, the couch was very comfortable, even with 2 cats on my legs. I slept really well there, but it wasn't long enough.

On a happy note, I met some neighbors last weekend. Adam (being the social butterfly he is) already met most of our neighbors, but I am just now getting out of the house I guess. He spends more time outside, so he has more of an opportunity to meet people. Anyway, our neighbors 2 houses down, Ben & Mary, brought us homemade chocolate chip cookies Saturday night. The old fashioned, hospitable way. How thoughtful! We chatted with them awhile, then we ran into them again on Sunday. They were visiting with other neighbors, Tracy & Christine, so we met them as well. A progressive dinner/block party is in the works for an upcoming weekend. TBD at this point. But it should be fun to get all the neighbors together, exchange numbers (in case someone's house burns down), eat some good food and socialize.

Oh, and I'm out of time for today but we picked a place to go for our 2 year anniversary! I'll post details soon.

No comments: