Thursday, December 4, 2008

Blah

I feel total blah...

Blah to my dinner, blah to my week, blah, blah, blah. I hadn't planned on cooking tonight since there were a few leftovers to choose from. I opted for pasta salad in a box. I had semi-high expectations, but it really let me down. I followed the package directions for boiling the pasta spirals, which was 12 minutes, and regretfully I didn't check on them in between. When I got to their rescue, they had blown up so big that they were the size of hair bows. I tried to eat them anyway, but it was not good. Then I moved on to choice #2, an all-time fave of Campbell's vegetable beef soup. I ate that but was still left unsatisfied. So then I snagged a couple pieces of bacon that Adam had cooked in his "Ultimate Breakfast" attempt. The bacon was delicious, but still an overall blah feeling.

If you're wondering about Adam's breakfast masterpiece, it consists of the following: several strips of centercut bacon, cheesy scrambled eggs, and of course super-chocolatey chocolate chip pancakes topped with syrup and whipped cream! That earns an "Ultimate" title in my book. Adam is so proud of his concauction. And he's all about the presentation too, much like myself. He makes time to arrange all the items like he's preparing to submit a photo for a cooking magazine. I admire his attention to detail! He actually said that it looked so good that he wanted to take a picture. Too bad we don't have a working digital camera right now. Sigh.

I am also feeling completely boring lately. All I can seem to do when I get home is crash. I have no energy. It's cold, dark and yucky out, which doesn't help. Adam said I'm already set in my ways, at a ripe old 26 years old. Geez. He said I'm into my routine and there's no coming out of it. My routine being coming home from work, cooking/eating, doing dishes, taking a bath, watching TV and then bed. I've already become an old lady. Where did the time go? Maybe I can snap out of my laziness and get a life! But not tonight...

No comments: