Tuesday, December 9, 2008

This Christmas



This Christmas feels rushed. Anyone else agree? Where did the time go? Christmas is only 2 weeks away and I've barely prepared. Who has TIME to prepare?!?! We have a few sparse decorations up. No tree. No stockings (we've got to come up with a good way to hang them...the thumb tack tactic didn't quite work). I've bought all of 2 gifts. Plus the holiday parties start this weekend, so our time is dwindeling (is that a word?).

At this point we are wondering if it's even worth it to get in the spirit and get a tree. We would definitely want a live tree and how much do they cost anyway? Our faux tree last year was pathetic. It was so sparse that you could clearly see an entire person through the other side. Then there was the added torment of the cats, who climbed up it and knocked off ornaments and tore up the lights. It was prelit when we bought it, but not when it left us. RIP tree. I think one of the cats chewed through the cord. Oh my.

Adam thinks that perhaps the election really consumed our focus this year and the holidays have taken the back seat to Obamanation. But maybe it's just us. One thing is for certain, however. I am LOVING the Christmas programs/movies on TV. I love the Charlie Brown specials, A Christmas Story, The Grinch, and especially Christmas Vacation! We already tore into that movie last weekend.

By the way, I'm kind of in a blog slump. Maybe I'll find something interesting to post soon. We can only hope!

1 comment:

Laurel Tucker said...

Thanksgiving always gets me in the mood for Christmas. Go back to Thanksgiving and try to think of 5-10 things you are really thankful for (and make sure to be creative). That will solve two problems...your unchristmasness and your blog fog (my word for writer's block on a blog).