Monday, December 29, 2008

Spilled Beans

Ok, so now the beans are spilled all over the floor. I think most people know our fabulous news by now! If not, they aren't on the internet because Adam & I have blown it up with our baby announcements!

So I've been keeping this little secret for a couple weeks. I had a hunch a few days before I actually took the test, which was Saturday, December 13 (6 months to the day after our tragic event). I didn't even hint to Adam as I wanted to surprise him for an early birthday present. I was SO nervous to take the actual test because if it were negative I would surely freak out.

Anyway, Adam headed to MPACT (early morning men's breakfast gathering) that Saturday morning around 7am. I was holding in my pee for SO LONG! Just waiting for him to leave. I pretended to be asleep, however. Hee, hee. Then I went pee, pee and took the test. I saw the 1st line appear to show it was working, then no other line. WHAT?!?! NO!!! Negative?? I threw that thing in the trash and got so upset. Furious. Like a sick joke. I was in a terrible mood and went back to bed for a bit. When I got up, I just needed a Joyce Meyer fix. I record her "Enjoying Everyday Life" shows on TV, so I flipped to one randomly. It fit perfectly. God knew exactly what I needed to hear. She spoke about keeping your peace and trusting God with everything. She also spoke about not letting the devil upset you through your circumstances. Lots of other things were said, and it all was perfect for me. I adjusted my attitude and decided I would not have a crummy day because of this. Even though I didn't understand what was happening, I had to trust God and His timing.

I went about my day and cheered up a little. About an hour later, I went upstairs to the bathroom and had to throw something else away. Well, for whatever reason, the idea popped in my mind to dig out the pregnancy test again. Looking back, why on earth would this cross my mind? I dug through the tissues and cotton balls and finally found the test at the bottom of the trash can. I gave it a second glance, and.....2 LINES!!!! NO WAY! PREGNANT AFTER ALL! God is in this thing, no doubt. He is testing me and teaching me and loving me all along. It is awesome!

I wrapped up the test in a pretty little box and gave it to Adam that afternoon as an early birthday present. He slung it around and guessed it to be a watch. Not even close! He was utterly shocked, yet thrilled! It did take a few days for the truth to set in though. Anyway, Baby Emmett is already taking after his/her mommy. He/she wrote a poem to share with his/her grandparents/great-grandparents this Christmas. This is how it goes...

I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
I don't yet have a name.

But all that will change in August,
That's when they say I'm due.
I am your newest grandchild,
And I can't wait until I meet you!

So as you're waiting patiently,
Please pray lots of prayers for me.
I cannot wait to be a part
Of this wonderful family!

Love,
Baby Emmett

1 comment:

Jenny said...

OK...I can totally understand why your announcement brought tears all around. I teared up reading your poem too! We will be praying lots of prayers for Baby Emmett! So good to talk to you the other day! Looking forward to March when we can hopefully see you guys :)