Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dear Laina (7 Months)

Dear Laina,

You are now 7 months old! My, how you are growing and developing so fast. Your sixth month of life was absolutely PACKED with excitement and milestones!


For starters, you started CRAWLING! I was just trying to think of the best word to describe you in your sixth month of life, and the only thing that keeps popping up in my mind is that you are a daring CRAWLER!

Crawling is your life now. You crawl everywhere, and I mean EVERYwhere. It seems you avoid all of the toys in the floor and head toward all the things that are off limits! Cords, the printer, cat food bowls and shoes to name a few. And how could I not mention your most favorite "toy" - the door stopper! You have two of these fascinating contraptions in your room, and you enjoy flinging it over and over and over again. A little too much, if you catch my drift. Even though it is quite annoying, it makes me smile nonetheless. Everything you do is cute :)


You also "crossed the border" from the carpeted living room to the hardwoods in the kitchen. The texture throws you for a loop at first, but you adjust.



As daddy puts it, you are a "dare devil" too! Just a few days ago, you started pulling up in your crib and scaring the mess out of us. You gather all the strength you've got to complete this task. Then once you're up, you enjoy the view for awhile, usually while giving a mischevious grin. Almost like...hey, look what I can do! You once let go of the crib and dived toward your hanging mobile like you were attacking the dangling balls & bears. Thankfully for the balls & the bears, you missed them and plunged face first into the matress. No harm done either! You act like nothing phases you. Nothing scares you and you barely get hurt, despite all the times your precious head has banged on the wood of the crib! It scares us to death, but most of the time you are A-OK!



Peek-a-boo!

Another milestone is that my baby started eating baby food at 6 months! We made our way through most of the fruits - applesauce, pears, peaches and bananas - and one veggie - sweet potatoes! Pears are your favorite so far!



You also drink milk 5 times per day, and you have rice cereal once per day. Let me just say that you have never found a food that you don't like! This you do not get from me :) In fact, you even like knawing on your highchair for some reason. Perhaps it tastes good?


Another quirk of yours is that you like to suck my face. Please explain this to me!


Alaina, you have remained a good sleeper and this makes for one happy mama! Your naps have varied this month, though. You take shorter naps during the day (averaging 45 minutes each), and one looooong late afternoon/evening nap that is typically two hours!


By the way, I walked in on this one afternoon...


I am also coming up short with ways to keep you entertained. You are not content just sitting around. You want to DO something all the time! Hmmm...you remind me of someone :)




Your personality is beaming, Laina Lou. Although you are a sweet little angel, you have a sassy side too. You are a wiggle worm and do not like sitting still. Although, you will never turn someone down to hold you and walk you around. Key words - WALK YOU AROUND! You know, so you can see everything. You've had a few temper tantrums, like when I was trying to take your picture in your Valentine outfit...


But with a little coaxing (and removing your pants), you settled down in a hurry :)


But all in all, you are my perfect little blessing, the light of my life. Each and every day I tell you that you are beautiful. Recently, I've added some lines by telling you that you are the sweetest, cutest, smartest, beautifulest, prettiest girl I know. And I mean it :)

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

What a sweetheart! It is so exciting when they change so fast! They literally learn something new every day! Enjoy her! And, keep the posts and videos coming so we can enjoy her, too! : )

Amy said...

I don't think she can get any prettier!