Saturday, April 30, 2011

Aislynn's 2nd BD!

Alaina's good buddy Aislynn ("Eye-D") turned *2* just a few weeks ago. We were thrilled when we were asked to be a part of her birthday fun day! Aislynn's mama Kim planned kind of a last minute play date during the week to honor her girl's special day.

"High-5 on turning 2, Eye-D!"

A bunch of us - moms & kids (+ Aislynn's daddy Michael) - met up early one Friday morning and carpooled to Imagine It!, The Children's Museum of Atlanta. Alaina & I rode with Kari, Mason and Ryder, and it was a treat! I miss my girl chats with Kari. Kari & I worked together at Allstate, and we go to church together too. We love any chance to spend with Miss Kari!!!


Alaina was on her best backseat behavior, possibly to impress the cute boys :) The DVD playing within her view probably also helped keep her quietly entertained. Before we knew it, we reached our destination.


Imagine It! was new to us, and it was a hit! There were so many cool things for the kids to play with and on and under. There were dozens of stations and bright colors and activities with sand and water and paint and balls and almost everything imaginable. We didn't even make it to all the stations there were so many.





In addition to the many exhibits, there was a show about Timbuktu. We sat in the floor and watched the entire show, full of theatrics and music. Lucky Mason was even picked to be part of the show!


This was Alaina's response to the lively show...


My thoughts exactly! ;) The kids clapped and danced along with the music. It amazes me at how uninhibited children are.


I let Alaina roam around and do as she pleased, which worked well until she found herself wandering away from the activities toward the restrooms. On her excursion, she found some kind of stepping contraption, something she could take 2 steps up, walk a few feet and look out a window at the kids playing, and then walk 2 steps down. Well, she would have stayed on this thing all day if I would have let her. I pleaded with her to get off the thing and go play with her friends. She ignored me. I pretended to walk away. She didn't care. She was infatuated with this thing. Well, I took my eyes off her for a second, and she fell down the step and hurt her leg. She cried. I felt terrible for not actually witnessing the fall. Then she couldn't walk. She was limping really bad. So the rest of the time, I had to hold her. But it was nothing that Mommy could not handle :)


Luckily, the "incident" happened right before lunch time, so we all took a rest and spent some time sitting at tables and eating our sack lunches that Kim prepared for ALL OF US! Bless her heart, Kim must have packed dozens of lunches. Much appreciated :) After lunch, we sang Happy Birthday to Aislynn and ate dessert (cookies/cake).


The whole trip was a blast! Aislynn is such a sweet and well behaved little girl. Some even comment that Alaina & Aislynn appear to be twins!!

A pic of the girls from last fall :)

We have gotten to know Aislynn pretty well over the last year, and she is very dear to us. I kept Aislynn for several months, off and on, last fall/winter. Alaina & Aislynn were precious playing together. They became great pals, always asking for one another when the other wasn't around. Can you tell they love each other?


They love to give hugs. They are so sweet (and cute!) together.

Aislynn going in for a hug...

We love you, Aislynn!!

2 comments:

Michael and Kim Adamski said...

This was so sweet & put a huge smile on my face. We love Alaina ("laina") too! I'm gonna have to tag this on my blog :) xxoo

Amy said...

i love imagine it! we went there on a field trip when i was teaching kindergarten. i haven't taken libbi yet, but i think she would love it too. your post made me laugh, because libbi is the same way! we could be at a place full of toys, games, activities, etc and she would find one little thing (like a stepstool) that would seem that much more interesting and entertaining to her - ha! alaina and aislynn do look like they could be sisters...almost twins! both such cuties!! :)