Friday, October 9, 2009

No Names

We have a dilemma. My parents have yet to choose their grandparent names. I think they may be waiting for Alaina to name them, but if this is the case, they will be waiting a LONG time. After all, she is only 2 months old. And I, for one, simply cannot go on like this. I talk to Alaina A LOT, but when I start to tell her about my parents, I always stumble through my words because I do not know what to refer to them as. Sometimes I try different names out to see if something sticks, but this is getting pathetic. Alaina is probably quite confused. And she is probably starting to wonder why mommy cannot smoothly complete a sentence.

.............................................SO.............................................

I/we need your help! Maybe if we chime in and suggest some names, they will choose one!

Now we all know that once Alaina learns to speak, she may trump the name with her own version of "grandma" or "grandpa." This is one of the many benefits of being the first grandchild. But for goodness sake, we at least need a temporary name!

I am going to suggest a few names for each. Then please chime in BY LEAVING A COMMENT if you have any alternate name(s) so I can then add a poll to my blog where my readers can VOTE! Maybe this will get the ball rolling.

If you're a visual person, here is a photo that may help you in your voting decision...

My mom & dad, Joy & Gary

A few suggestions for my mom:
~Grandma
~Grandma Joy
~GJ
~Nana

A few suggestions for my dad:
~Grandpa Gary
~GG
~Grandaddy
~Pops (Adam's favorite)

Remember - WE NEED YOUR HELP! Think about it, leave a comment if you feel strongly about any name above OR if you have other suggestions, then look out for my poll tbp (to be posted) and VOTE. Thanks!

P.S. Mom - this is a threat. If you don't pick a name, you will be known as "Doc." Family joke, but I'm serious :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This request is coming from someone who named her grandmother, Babelle, a name nothing like her "real" name. You're right, Alaina will name them when she is ready. In the meantime, what about Granddaddy and Grandmama. She will be able to do a lot with names that long.

ChelsandNoel said...

I like GiGi or Mimi for a young hip grandma- Grampy or Pappy for Grandpa

Nicole Roberts said...

We had a hard time too and had 3 sets to name. We settled on:
Grandmommy and Grandaddy
Nonni and Grandpa
Grammie and Papa (which he turned into Poppy)...
Papa is the only one he changed. He said Poppy and Nonni before the rest because they were the easiest. :) Good luck!

Jenny said...

We have a Grammy & Papa, Grandmommy & Grandpa Clay, and a Nin & Grandpa Ted. I know someone whose grandkids call her "Sweetie" and another one whose grandkids call her "boss." I tend to like the ones that are easy for kids to pronounce very early (little kids LOVE to say the names over and over...you know...to beg for stuff :) So my vote is for something like Mimi or Grammy and Pops or Pop-pop.

Anonymous said...

Bryan had a Mimi and Popoo (paw-pooh)...I think those were sweet names! I also like Poppy alot. Emma Grace has a Papa Kelly, Nana, Granny (was Annie, but changed for EG), and Onnie (not sure what we'll change that one too, prob Poppy since I like that name alot). It's all going to sound so cute when she starts to say them no matter what they are! :) - Kaci B.