Monday, October 5, 2009

What a Week!

WOW! What a busy week we've had! Adam was off work all last week, so we were able to enjoy a LOT of extra time with each other. Here's a daily recap...

MONDAY
Alaina's 2-month pediatrician appointment. We were at the office entirely too long, an excrutiating 2 hours. I think Monday appointments, especially directly after lunch, are a bad idea. Alaina weighed in at 9.5 lbs and measured 20.5 inches! We have some things to work on, namely more tummy time and exercises to help un-flatten her precious little head. Apparently it's getting flat on her right side. We are trying to round it out on our own over the next month. Then if it's not any better, we will start physical therapy, and if that doesn't help, A HELMET! AHHH! Needless to say, we've got a lot of work to do. She also was TORTURED by 3 shots. Mommy got the pleasant task of holding her little arms down and burying my head in hers to distract her from the pain. Daddy almost cried. The nurse hit a blood vessel on her leg, so she BLED. Oh my. Once we got her home, her leg bruised and knotted up. Poor baby :(

Don't let them do it to me, mommy...

Hey! Where are you going? I'm watching you...

You didn't!

TUESDAY
I think we lounged around the house this day. It's really a blur. Adam finally hung the letters in her room over her crib.


WEDNESDAY
OUR 3-YEAR ANNIVERSARY! This year was different than any other year. We honeymooned in Hawaii in 2006. We went to Nashville in 2007. We went to The Dillard House & Highlands, NC last year. Yet 2009 upped the ante. (Although Hawaii was a close 2nd :) We had the best day with the most precious gift ever, Alaina. Everything was perfect. We slept in a little bit and Adam made coffee. Alaina & I played on the floor in our PJ's while Adam ran out to get Chick-fil-A biscuits. YUM! I got to test out my space heater for the first time this fall. We got ready and got out in the sunshine, running errands & such. The fall-like weather was so refreshing! Then it was back to the home front to freshen up before our date. We dropped Alaina off at the Emmett's. Poppy bought a pink & white bouquet of flowers just for Alaina. Awww! Adam & I left kid-free to enjoy a Japanese steakhouse dinner and each other's company. After dinner, we almost did not know what to do with ourselves. No child. No where to rush back to. We had a cup of java at our favorite coffee spot, It's a Grind. We rented "Twilight" with the intention of watching it that night. Well, that didn't happen until Saturday. We shopped a little bit, avoided 3 major speed traps (it was, after all, the last day of the month!), and were back at the Emmett's to pick up our sleeping beauty. She was sound asleep when we arrived.

At first there were 2...

And now there are 3!

THURSDAY
I got the priviledge to experience Joyce Meyer's conference at the Gwinnett Arena. I cannot explain my love and admiration for Joyce and her messages, and I was thrilled to have the opportunity to see her in person. Adam, Alaina & I loaded up in the car and drove to my parents house in Snellville, kind of on a whim. We decided to do this just hours before. Adam & Alaina hung out with my parents while Aunt B & I went to the conference. It was incredible! Joyce spoke about the strategies of Satan and worship was lead by Israel Houghton. Oh yeah, and Danny Gokey from American Idol made a surprise visit. He briefly spoke about how influential Joyce has been in his life & his late wife's life, and of course he sang. Wonderful!


It was a late night for us as we did not get back home until after midnight! It was not too late, however, for a late-night run to Waffle House! MMMM. That place was packed for midnight on a Thursday. Or would that make it midnight on a Friday??? Anyway, we ordered the food to go, and 20 minutes later, we left with our ridiculously greasy food. Of course as soon as the car stopped and Adam went in to order, our sleepy head awoke. Her little beady eyes popped right open, and she was ready to eat too. So this was the longest 20 minutes of my life as I watched Adam sitting inside at the bar with apparently no progress with the food. I was frantically popping in passy, but Alaina was smart enough to know that passy was NOT what she was looking for. Anyway, we made it home. Alaina got to eat first, then 45 minutes later, mommy ate. So worth the wait :)


FRIDAY
Another late night, getting us totally off schedule, but SO worth it! I loved the Joyce Meyer conference so much that I decdied to go back Friday night, but this time with friends Kari & Kristen. Our husbands & kids all got together while the ladies were out. They ordered pizza & played I guess. Sometimes it's better not to ask questions :)

SATURDAY
Laaaaazzzzyyyy start to the day. I went grocery shopping & picked up around the house while Alaina & Adam had a football day. Alaina loves watching football with her daddy! We have been let down by our Dawgs, but we are getting over it. Saturday night, after the day was said & done, we popped in Twilight at 10pm. I am surprised I lasted through the entire 2-hour movie, and I attribute this feat to the fact that the movie was soooooo awesome! In fact, I watched it twice this weekend, and I rarely watch a movie more than once.


SUNDAY
Due to the fact that we had been completely off schedule the past few days, and that Alaina is going through a growth spurt, we did not make it to the church service. But thank goodness we made it to the Tailgate party after church. What an amazing day at BridgePointe Church! Each small group set up it's own tailgate and specialized in a tailgate-type food (BBQ, chili, ribs, wings, etc). Our group specialized in ribs & wings. It was a day filled with fabulous food & fantastic friends.


Kristen & her daughter Ava, Kari & I...

That's a wrap!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I cannot believe the bruise she got from her shots! Isn't it awful?! I haaaaaated that part and we get to do it again in 2 weeks =( I laughed when you wrote how sometimes it's better not to ask questions....I TOTALLY AGREE! Especially when the daddies are left in charge =) Have a great week!

Amy said...

Fun! I love me some Gokey!