Friday, October 23, 2009

Trip to Blairsville

Ok, it's taken me a couple of weeks to put together this post, but give me a break. After all, I have a grueling job which totally stresses me out and at the end of the day, all I want to do is crawl into bed and dismiss the world (COMPLETELY KIDDING-I ABSOLUTELY ADORE MY JOB AS MOMMY!!!).

A couple weeks ago, Adam, Alaina & I loaded up in the car and traveled to Blairsville in North GA. Blairsville is home to Babelle & Pa, my grandparents, as well as countless other family members who I will refuse to mention. Kidding...kind of :) Blairsville is also the home of the best fried chicken in the whole wide world, thanks to Babelle. Not to mention, it's a beautiful piece of country with a much slower pace of life.

Babelle had all her girls (grandgirls, that is) gather together to celebrate the fall birthdays in the family. The grandgirls include me, Haley, Hannah & Hadrian. As my "guests," I brought Adam & Alaina. Yeah right...you can imagine that Alaina was anything but a guest...she was the star of the show! Haley brought her boyfriend Austin & their dog Carley Jean. Aunt Becky (mother of H1, H2 & H3) was also there and Uncle Bryan popped in too.

We ate way too much and sat and talked and visited with one another. Alaina met Pa & Haley for the first time ever. Pa is bedridden and has been for a couple of years, so he did not get to come visit after she was born. And Haley lives so far, far away! Haley, what can we do about this???

I must brag on Alaina for a brief minute. She was as quiet as a mouse on the 1.5 hour car ride to & from Blairsville. Of course we timed it right with her feedings so she was not due for a feeding in the middle of our drive. Nonetheless, she was very well behaved. Thank you for this, sweet baby girl. Anyway...

~ Rockin' with "The Great Babe"

~ Chillin' with Pa

Let it be known that Alaina LOVE LOVE LOVED hanging with her Pa. I think we figured out why. The two of them have a lot in common. Let's see...they both wear diapers. I'm sure they both love having their diapers changed as well. They both spend most of their time napping. They both rely on other people to take care of them. Oh yeah, and neither of them have any teeth. Talk about the two ends of the spectrum! And don't think I'm mean for saying this about Pa. He can certainly dish it, so I think he can take it as well!

And let me also say that Pa was "hyper" about meeting Alaina for the entire week prior to her visit. He had been dreaming of her, dreaming of what she looked like and what she'd be like. He said his dreams were right! So sweet :) I think Alaina got hyped up as well because at one point she started flailing her arms and nearly pulled Pa's oxygen tubes out of his nose! These two need to be supervised!


~ With Hadrian & Haley

~ Looks like Hannah pinched her again ;)

~ I wasn't held the WHOLE time. I also had fun playing on the floor!


P.S. Alaina is pictured in two different outfits (and a bib) because of MAJOR spit up issues resulting from a dumb formula change the night before. Let's just say the Good Start formula did not put us off to a good start. Back to Similac. I'm still nursing her 90% of the time, by the way. We just use formula if we're out & about for convenience, and before bedtime.

1 comment:

Haley said...

Love the post! I miss her...and you guys of course! :) Mom and I were talking and I will be home the entire week of Thanksgiving. We were thinking of a little visit before Thanksgiving. Let me know what you think.