Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Luck of the Irish

(As told by Alaina)

On a day such as this, we must reflect and ask ourselves, "Are we Irishmen really lucky?" I'd like to think we've got something going for us other than pale skin and freckles :)


Well, today was a *lucky* day, if you ask me. I got to eat lots of food, play with lots of toys, and I even finished the day without any scratches, bumps or bruises!


But beyond that, today was an important day for my daddy. He had a very important meeting with a lady about a job. Mommy dressed me in my lucky "garb" so that I could be his lucky charm. Since apparently I do not have any green shirts, I wore my St. Patty's day bib almost all afternoon, just because. I had a stunning green clover bracelet to compliment my outfit, complete with a little bell that chimed every time I moved :)


We waited all afternoon for daddy to come home and share the news. I kept looking out the window, hoping to see his car.


I passed the time by standing up in my chair, climbing on my chair and almost falling out of my chair!


Finally, after a long wait, he came home!


He told me what happened at his meeting, and at first I did not believe what I heard...


What, daddy? You start your new job on Monday?


And you never have to work on Saturday?


And you will be getting paid MUCH MORE than you were before?


Are you for real???


YAY DADDY! Mommy & I are so proud of you!


I was so hyper I could barely contain myself! I jumped on the couch and crawled all around the living room and kitchen like a flash of lightning, barely stopping to catch my breath.


We had a special dinner at home to celebrate. I ate my green beans like a champ.


By bath time, I had not calmed down! I splashed my little heart out :)


Hands down, luckiest day ever!


But really, my mommy says our lucky Irish roots have nothing to do with it. God alone opened a door and continues to provide for our little family.

We also want to thank all of you who prayed for us and offered words of encouragement. We love you!!!

3 comments:

Haley said...

So happy for you guys! Loved the little story. I knew everything would work out.

Love you guys! Kiss Lainey Bug for me.

Amy said...

I had a good feeling after he held on to his job for so long that there was a reason it happened now. Great news! And I love your little leprechaun.

Amy said...

Congrats to Adam! What wonderful news and a great testament to God's perfect timing. This is one of my favorite posts ever! Alaina is adorable...I love the "godfather" look that she has going on in the first picture :)