Monday, April 21, 2008

Busy Weekend

This weekend was exceptionally busy and productive. On Saturday, we got up earlier than usual and started the day. Running errands, setting up and organizing our office area, unpacking some boxes, etc. Plus the usual laundry and dishes. Adam made a comment that now that we have a house and a kid on the way, there will be no more casual, lazy Saturday's. I've had this mentality for quite some time, house and kid or not. But that is just my "busy-bee" personality. I typically have a "let's get it done" and "work before play" approach, yet Adam is much more relaxed and easy-going. But I'm learning to appreciate his personality more and more. They say opposites attract, and in our case this is certainly true.

Then Sunday, we went to church as usual. Then we had lunch at Red Lobster (they screwed up my order and gave me free shrimp...SCORE!!). The funny thing is that I really wanted Red Lobster for lunch, but by dinner time the thought of Red Lobster was enough to make me puke. Funny, huh? Oh, my raging hormones. After lunch, we headed straight for our old apartment. We have to officially be out of there by next weekend, which means we are now forced to clean the stinkin' thing and get all of our junk out. It wasn't fun, but we made good timing. Adam did most of the work and I did some light cleaning. I more trip to get the vacuum cleaner and Adam's bike, and we are outta there! Good riddence, apartment life! We have moved on to bigger and better things! Don't get me wrong, we had a great apartment, but in time we tired of the flashing sirens and loud neighbors. Plus Adam was fed up with lugging trash around to the dumpster, a process that took about 5 minutes each time. We are so happy in our new house.

Anyway, back to the daily grind this morning. I'm having a case of the manic Monday's. Gotta run...

No comments: