Monday, April 28, 2008

Family Weekend

This past weekend was pretty busy. On Friday night, we ordered in and had our usual movie night on the couch. We watched "A Beautiful Mind" per Adam's request. I don't recall seeing it before, which SHOCKED Adam for some reason. And of course I fell asleep during the last 10 minutes of the movie. Adam just shook his head at me because he says I missed the best part and I always fall asleep...blah, blah, blah. Oh well, life goes on.

Then on Saturday Adam worked and I played Cinderella. I cleaned and ran errands, the usual. After Adam came home, his parents came over for dinner and to help around the house. I stayed in the kitchen while they hung towel bars and toilet paper holders, etc. It was nice to spend some time with them, as usual. And we're getting our home together one thing at a time! After they left, we watched "I Am Legend." I loved this movie! It was a little scary and surprising in points, but I thought it was unusually entertaining.

On Sunday afternoon, we traveled to Snellville to see my parents. They invited us over to eat. And my brother Dan surprised us all with his special appearance! No one knew he was in the area this weekend, and he just popped by. It was great to see him too since he lives far away and we don't see him often. Then my mom took Adam & I shopping for a house-warming present(s). We got a late start since most stores close early on Sunday, but we did end up finding a large mirror in frame that we liked. Adam will be an expert hanger once we get through with the home fixin's. Then we hung around my parents house for a little while, watching TV, resting and socializing. We got in a little later than planned, but it was worth it. We had a fun weekend!

And surprisingly, I did ok in the car. I thought I'd be car-sick for sure, but it wasn't bad. I'm feeling better and am not getting sick as much. What a relief!

No comments: