I don't know why today is such a great day, it just is. Work is going well, I feel good and I'm not sick. The weather is gorgeous and Adam & I have plans to walk around the park after dinner. I just enjoyed my pizza lunch, and it was scrumptious. Life is sweet! Such an improvement from last week, even yesterday for that matter.
I'm now 7.5 weeks in my pregnancy and here's an update (according to Baby Center) on us:
Baby Emmett:
Hands and feet are forming from developing arms and legs, although they look more like paddles at this point. The baby is still considered an embryo and has a small tail, which is an extension of the tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks. The baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry. Eyelid folds partially cover the eyes, which already have some color. Both hemispheres of the baby's brain are growing, and his liver is churning out red blood cells until bone marrow forms and takes over this role. He has an appendix and pancreas. A loop in the baby's growing intestines is bulging into his umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from his tiny body.
Mommy Emmett:
My uterus has doubled in size in the past 5 weeks (and oh, I've felt it!) and eating may feel like a chore - or worse - thanks to morning sickness (yes!), which may now be in full swing. I am peeing more than usual due to increased blood volume and extra fluid being processed through my kidneys. By now I have about 10% more blood that I did before I was prego. By the end of pregnancy, I will have 40-45% more blood to meet the demands of the full-term baby.
Wish us well!
No comments:
Post a Comment