Well, it's back to reality. Reality meaning total chaos at the office. Yesterday was a blur. I returned to stacks of paper on my desk, notes of to do's, etc. And as luck would have it, my boss's biological father passed away unexpectedly last week, while I was enjoying my week off. He didn't want to bother me and make me worry about things back at the office-front, so he didn't call me. But Rhonda, who was covering part of the week, called and broke the news on Wednesday.
So David is mourning and slowly working his way back to the office. In the meantime, guess who gets to cover? ME! Actually, it's not too bad. We have been slower than usual lately, so I'm almost caught up with my workload. For now...
Besides visiting the Dillard House last week, we had fun watching the GA game (although the verdict was pitiful), eating out (a LOT!), sleeping in, getting 1 hour massages (yeah!!), seeing some extended family, and did I mention sleeping in??
But alas, all good things must come to a close I suppose. I am thankful that I got a week off. I haven't had a week off since our honeymoon 2 years ago! It was time!
No comments:
Post a Comment