Ok, I'm fairly sure but not totally sure that a fruit fly landed in my big bowl of chili that I'm about to dive into. I was in between microwave sessions and had just taken my bowl out of the microwave to stir around when I noticed an obnoxious little fruit fly hovering over my bowl. I continued stirring and then, BAM, gone! The fly was nowhere to be seen. Did it take a dive into my chili? Did it fly off? Only God knows.
Now I'm paranoid about every bite I take. I am stirring and looking for it, and my spices have been mistaken for the little pest. Am I wrong for eating it? I mean, I AM hungry and my chili IS delicious. And it wasn't a BIG fly or bug. Just a tiny one. Hey, everyone needs a little more protein in their diet, right?
And on a side note, thanks for all the people who have been so concerned about me being sick. I stayed out of the office 2 days and am back at it today. Luckily, it is quiet in the office. My sore throat is gone, and now I only have a runny nose, sneezing, slight weakness, etc. Just a pesky cold I guess. But the bad news is that I gave it to my boss, so now he's out. Dangit!
Back to the hunt for the fly...
No comments:
Post a Comment