
I feel like a bruised banana. I keep bumping into things around the house, work, etc. and get bruises EVERY time! I have a bruise on my upper leg that is a constant reminder of my pure clumsiness. I know this is one of those things that's inherited (thanks MOM!) and inevitable. My mom is the same way, however she is WAY worse than me. She gets a bruise even if she just lightly brushes up against something. So in this scenario she would be Queen Bruised Banana. I'm not there yet, but I'm afraid I'm headed in that direction. Adam thinks it's fun to find and poke my bruises like it's a laugh button, sure to bring laughter (for him) every time. I'd like to give him a bruise for pestering me sometimes. Anyway...
This weekend was fun and festive! Friday night we had a get-together with our old newlywed small group from church. Saturday we went to Burt's Pumpkin Patch and picked out a few items, including decorative gords and a pumpkin pie. Yum! We already have our large pumpkins from our pumpkin carving party, so this year we just sat on and took pictures near the large pumpkins. If you've never been to Burt's, you need to go. It's such a neat place. Oh, and we met up with our friends Brandy and Wes, and their daughter Callie at Burt's. That was a treat!
Then we stopped by Amacalola Falls for our annual tradition of taking photos from the top of the waterfall, right where Adam proposed to me 3 years ago. We hope to do this EVERY year as tradition. Then Adam & I met up with his parents at a cool restaurant called "The Oar House." It was right on the river, and there was an outdoors section, an inside section, and a porch-type section that's covered but with no windows. We had an excellent table in the porch section. It was elevated so we could see the river flowing and all the colored leaves on the ground. It was so quiet and quaint! And the food was excellent! Most of us ordered the lemon caper butter trout with wild rice and sauteed veggies. Yummy! Then we stopped off to get some boiled peanuts and headed home. Actually, not directly home since I simply could not pass up the GAP outlet store on the way back.
By the time I got back home I was exhausted! My cold is lingering and now it's mostly a cough with a runny nose. But I've noticed that if I talk a lot in a given day, my throat starts hurting again. Maybe I should just shut up!! Hee, hee. Being in the cold air didn't help things, but I'm still glad we went. The leaves were brilliant this year, unlike last year when the drought caused the leaves to fall without really changing. We did cut out the Gold Rush festival in Dahlonega this year because we thought it might be too much to handle. Good call.
I'll post pics soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment