Friday, May 23, 2008

Baby Bump

I think I'm finally getting to experience my first noticeable baby bump. I have been able to tell for many weeks that my very lower tummy is firmer and larger, but not enough to where it was noticeable with clothes on. Today I'm wearing jeans and a comfy polo shirt which is not tight per se, BUT Adam & I definitely noticed this morning that there is a noticeable baby bump! This bump certainly gets larger after I eat a big meal! This is exciting news to me because everyone's been saying "You're still skinnier than ever...you don't even look pregnant." Now the proof will show! Granted I don't think anyone who saw me on the street would think twice about it, but those who know me and my body type may be able to concur with our observance.

I've also hit the 12 week mark, however I was bummed to know that I won't officially be out of the 1st trimester until 13 weeks. I thought once 12 weeks rolled around I would be home free, but apparently I need to wait another week until the 12 weeks are totally over. It'll be here before I know it I guess. I'm still nauseaus at times, but I've got my system where if I eat every single hour, I'm ok. Literally, EVERY hour. And I started cooking again this week, so I think it's a good sign that my blues may be coming to a close.

Here's the 12 week rundown...

Baby Emmett:
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. The baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. If I poke my abdomen, the baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder. Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly and in his brain, synapses are forming furiously. His faces looks unquestionably human: his eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, the baby is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs 1/2 an ounce.

Mommy Emmett:
Ah, enough about me...

Have a fabulous long weekend!

No comments: