Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Here's a shout-out to all you moms tuning in...Happy Mother's Day!! I celebrated being a mom this year even though the baby has not yet arrived quite yet. He/she is still a live human being, so technically I'm a mom! Adam got me 2 mommy books (as requested), A book of baby names & meanings & "What to Expect When You're Expecting." I've started reading a little of both and am enjoying each one. He also got me lavendar tulips and a singing card. It was lovely :)

We had such a busy weekend that I feel like I need a weekend to recover from this weekend. As previously noted, Adam, my dad & I drove to and from Statesboro this Friday/Saturday. It was a nice but brief stay. We got to see Dan graduate on Saturday, but barely. He had a health scare and ended up in the EMT unit just moments before he was supposed to walk. He almost didn't walk because he felt very dizzy and weak. He could barely stand. But his girlfriend Stevie got him some food and a drink and he seemed to be ok after that. Probably low blood sugar or something. The important thing is that he got to participate in his graduation and it was short, sweet and to the point. Always drama in our family! Just enough to keep life interesting!

On Sunday we went to church and later went out for lunch with his parents and brother Daniel. We ate Japanese and it was yummy in my prego tummy! Then they dropped by our house for a few minutes so Daniel could see the place. It was a fun day, but I was worn out by the end of it. Adam went to the grocery store Sunday evening while I napped on the couch while watching a "Jon & Kate + 8" marathon. Wow that show is so stimulating. With 2 parents and 8 kids, it's so chaotic that after a while my brain can't take the madness!

I'm about to hit the bed...I can barely keep my eyes open. Good night, all...

No comments: