This is the one topic that makes Adam cringe...hormones, and especially pregnancy hormones. Boy have I been going through them all recently. One minute I'm happy and sweet, then in a matter of minutes I can turn into a moody monster. I have to admit, yesterday was probably one of my worst "hormonal" days yet. Some of the day went smoothly and everything in my world seemed to be fine. And then other parts of the day were torturesome. I don't know if it was worse for me or Adam. I was frustrated, sad, angry, embarrased, bothered, disappointed and upset. Part of this was due to some events that unfolded throughout the day. My world just gets turned upside down when things don't go as planned. And part of it was simply unexplainable. I ended the day as a weepy mess, but Adam helped me feel better. Luckily he didn't get so fed up that he just left me alone (although sometimes this is what I want). He gave me a massage and tickled my back and arms as I went to bed. This put me into a relaxed state and I quickly fell asleep.
Then it all ended at midnight when a loud bang sounded through the house. We all jumped (even the cats) and Adam got up to check the house. We had no idea what it was but it was definitely something. Adam didn't see anything but we thought it could have been the "other" cat that lurks outside and peeks at our cats throught the windows. We thought he could have jumped on our new patio furniture or knocked something over outside. So we went back to sleep never knowing what it was. And then I discovered it once I woke up and went into the laundry room to fluff some work pants. The new jug of laundry detergent fell from the high sitting rack onto the washer. There was green liquid detergent all over the place, which I couldn't leave because the cats would get into it or someone would slip and fall. So I cleaned it up and went about my way. At least we know what the commotion was.
Who knows what the rest of today will hold. So far work is really quiet and slow, which could be a bad thing or a good thing depending on how you look at it.
No comments:
Post a Comment