Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

Today is a happy day! There's no particular reason why, I'm just enjoying life. God is doing some amazing things in my life, and I'm witnessing how awesome He really is on a daily basis.

Did you know that you can CHOOSE to be happy and to have a good attitude despite your circumstances? More and more, I'm learning that this is attainable if we have a proper mindset. Dwell on the blessings in your life (everyone has them!), not on your problems. Even if it's as simple as being thankful for the roof over your head and the food at your table, or just waking up alive to enjoy another day! I believe as long as we're here on this earth, God has an earthly purpose for us. But it's up to us to seek Him and carry out that purpose. Sadly, some people never do. Some days our purpose may be as simple as encouraging another person.

Think about it...no one likes to be around a complainer or someone who constantly operates in self-pity. What a drag! Instead, let's choose to be happy for where we're at this very moment, speaking positive and uplifting words. Laugh a lot! Laughter reduces stress, strengthens the immune system, relaxes muscles, lowers blood pressure, provides respiratory cleansing and diminishes pain.

Today marks exactly 2 months after the miscarriage. I had no idea where my head would be at each milestone along the way. Would I still be sad, mad, bitter? I'm happy to say that I'm choosing to be happy!

Take a look at what my daily devotional read today...
"A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing, but a broken spirit dries up the bones."
-Proverbs 17:22 (the book of wisdom)

No comments: