Thank God It's Friday! You can't beat a Friday night in my opinion. I love it more than Saturday night because I know I get to sleep in the next day and have 2 full days of time off. It's like a mini-vacation every week! This is not always the case for Adam, though. He usually works 1 Saturday a month, and tomorrow just happens to be his Saturday to work. But don't feel too bad for him...he always gets a day off during the week to compensate.
He was off this past Wednesday, although his day "off" wasn't really a break. Welcome to my world! He actually elected to work for 3 hours on Wednesday morning because it's double pay. Cha-ching! Then he visited me at work for a surprise lunch date. Too bad I was stuck here by myself and couldn't leave to go out to lunch, but it was still a treat. Then he took both our cars to get the oil changed at a shop nearby, one right after the other. And then he loaded up some FREE firewood which was already semi-chopped in the back yard of my office (a tree fell). And then he finally went home, only to then unload the firewood and organize it into a pyramid in our back yard. Whew! He was exhausted by the time I got home from work.
I have a cookout to attend tomorrow from 12-3pm. It's for all the people who serve in our children's ministry at church & their families. I'm bringing dessert and am puzzled about what to bring. I was going to make my yummy strawberry "dump" cake, but we were told to bring finger desserts if at all possible. There will be about 200 people. Good grief...that limits my options! I guess there's always cookies or brownies, but those are such plain dessert choices. I'm considering mini cheesecakes with & without cherry toppers. I've made them once before and they are cute little things, and tasty!
Have an awesome weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment