Adam was a bachelor this weekend from Saturday night to Sunday night, so I guess that makes me a bachelorette. We did miss each other, but I must say that each of us had a blast going our separate ways. This has been such a great weekend for both of us and we are pleasantly surprised! We didn't think we would bounce back so quickly. What have we been up to, you ask???
Well, Saturday evening we both attended a couples BBQ/baby shower for our good friends Cory & Kristin. Their baby is due next month and we had such a good time at their shower. Even all the guys seemed to enjoy it. After that event, Adam dropped me off at the house and he headed to Lake Oconee for a bachelor party. His buddy Graham is getting married next month, and Adam is a groomsman in the wedding. So it was a late night for Adam, but a fun one. The gang of guys hung out at a lake house and spent the entire day today on the lake. Other than the fact that Adam lost his wedding ring while tubing this morning, he had an awesome time. He was afraid I would be super mad, and he approached the subject by asking, "Does anything look different about me?" when he came home this evening. I was confused by this question and looked at his body for possible cuts, scrapes, tatoo's, etc. with nothing to show. I do admit that I did not notice the wedding ring being gone. But after all that we've been through lately, I will not sweat the small stuff. The ring's replaceable and I'm glad Adam came home safely. It was an accident and no matter how mad I could get, it wouldn't change the outcome of the situation. So Adam will look like a bachelor without his ring for awhile, but maybe we can get him a new ring soon.
I, on the other hand, played Cinderella today. I can honestly say that I loved every minute of it! For some reason I was in a cleaning mood today. I slept late and me and the cats shared the bed last night. When I finally climbed out of bed, I made some coffee and had a cinnamon raisin bagel. After the coffee kicked in, I made a pot of chili for this evening and started cleaning. I deep cleaned for about 4 hours I think. Sweeping, mopping, dishes, laundry, vacumming, dusting, picking up, scrubbing showers and tubs, and the list goes on. I haven't been in the mood to clean lately, and cleaning is rather theraputic for me. I love the feeling afterward. I did watch some TV while running around the house, and I stopped every now & then to catch my breath. Daisy followed me around the house, fascinated by everything I was doing.Then I made a batch of extra chocolate brownies and licked the bowl clean! Total girl stuff. I even put my girlly movie in the DVD player, only for the power to go out seconds later. So I never got to watch my movie, but there's always next weekend.
Right now Adam & I are watching a Collective Soul concert on our big screen. We've been recording concerts lately and it's great to kick back and watch in the comfort of our own home, cranking the volume up as we please. Daisy is asleep in my arms as I write this blog. We are cuddled up in our red blanket and she is nice & warm. My sweet (fur) baby :)
No comments:
Post a Comment